Do You Want a Place that…
- Respects differences between people and affirms every person as an individual?
- Values children, welcomes them on their own terms and offers a place they are eager to attend?
- Cherishes freedom and encourages open dialogue on questions of faith?
- Affirms spiritual exploration and reason of a way of finding truth?
- Accepts a diversity of theology, and welcomes people who may or may not believe in a higher power?
- Acts locally and thinks globally on the great issues of our time: world peace; women’s rights; racial justice; homelessness; LGBTQIA rights; and protection of the environment?
- Reveres nature as a part of its principles?
- Provides comfort and support so you can carry on when difficult things happen in your life or in the world?
- Honors the differing religious beliefs of you and your loved one?
- Welcomes your non-traditional family?
If you’ve answered “yes” to any number of these questions, come explore Community Unitarian Universalist Congregation at White Plains. See some helpful information below.
Sundays at CUUC
9:45 AM to 11:20 AM: Childcare available
10:00 AM to 11:15 AM: Worship Service (Sanctuary or via Zoom)
10:15 AM to 11:20 AM: Religious Exploration classes or activities for children and Youth (or Whole Congregation Worship Sundays, when families attend service together)
11:15 AM to 12:00 PM: Coffee Social Hour (Fireside Area or via Zoom)
We will update the website if services are ever canceled due to inclement weather.
During the summer, we hold services in our air-conditioned Fellowship Hall.
What to expect in a service
“Come, Come, Whoever You Are!”
Roots of the word “worshiping” suggest a connection to “worth shaping.” Accordingly, we gather on Sunday mornings to give shape to what is of worth in our lives, to embody our values and realize beloved community. For us, your religion isn’t about what you believe. It’s about how you live; the ethics and values that guide your life; who you come together with to form community; and what experiences of transcendence, interconnection and awe you’ve had.
Music, the universal language, is an important part of our spiritual life at CUUC and an essential means of building community. Our longtime Music Director, Adam Kent, provides solo piano music from classical and popular traditions most Sundays, while invited guest musicians enhance and diversify our musical offerings. The CUUC Choir under the direction of Lisa N. Meyer sings twice monthly, and welcomes your participation.
We are located near Exit 25 of the Hutchinson River Parkway:
- Take the Hutchinson River Parkway to Exit 25 for North St.
- Follow the sign to White Plains (LEFT if you are traveling NORTH. RIGHT if you are traveling SOUTH) onto North St.
- At first light, turn LEFT onto Rosedale Ave.
- Go one block and look for sign. Turn RIGHT onto Sycamore Lane.
For more specific driving directions, visit this area on Google Maps.
Take Metro North to Harrison, NY. This station is a 10 minute drive from CUUC. See taxi information.
Harrison Taxi: 914-835-3400
A taxi from the Harrison train station to CUUC takes approximately 10 minutes.
Share a Ride
Please contact us at 914-946-1660 to inquire about ride sharing.
We are wheelchair accessible, and offer an infrared sound system for the hearing impaired as well as Braille hymn pages.
Our upper parking lot is reserved for those with accessibility needs or are over the age of 80.
Address and Map
Community Unitarian Universalist Congregation at White Plains is located in Westchester County, NY, at 468 Rosedale Avenue, White Plains, NY 10605
On an ongoing basis, the congregation’s safety team monitors the local conditions for Covid cases and hospitalizations and makes rapid recommendations for masking, distancing and in-person worship, as the conditions require.
Currently, masking is not required, though each individual’s personal comfort is encouraged and respected. The website will be updated, if conditions change.